God, it feels good to have the gang back, and they look better than ever. Check out the new trailer for Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 below…
Baby Groot! Man, I already love Baby Groot. Drax is hilarious, Quill’s cracking wise and looking Indiana Jones-esque, Gamora is jumping all over the place, Rocket is shooting stuff in the face, the great music is back, and James Gunn is directing once again… this may in fact be the best sequel ever, Marvel or otherwise. Ever.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 looks amazing, but it has some pretty big shoes to fill being that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 is without a doubt the best Marvel movie ever made. We’ve clearly got some time before Guardians Vol. 2 hits theaters, but since the new trailer just dropped its the perfect time to give my Unsubstantiated & Uninformed Predictions for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2… here are my predictions.
1. That giant “Watchmen” (comic not movie) squid monster thing from the beginning is going to be something the team is fighting during the intro/beginning of the movie, showing off their team dynamic.
2. Kurt Russell will have an awesome mustache (obviously), but more importantly he will sacrifice himself to save Starlord & bros.
3. Yondu’s awesome arrow will snap! Which would suck because his awesome arrow scene was one of my favorite parts of Guardians of the Galaxy.
4. Gamora is going to do no less than two back flips running up or off of a wall.
5. Baby Groot will use his long arms to stretch out and save someone, probably Rocket, from falling.
6. Nebula will become reunited with Thanos, possibly in a post credits scene.
7. Also Nebula will kill 14 people on screen.
8. Also Nebula is clearly going to have a robot arm, so I’m predicting that she loses her robot arm.
9. Starlord wrecks his ship.
10. Starlord’s mix tapes get destroyed in his ship wreck.
12. Quill and Gamora will not hook up?! They will get close but something will always stop them just before, and this “stop them just before thing” will happen twice.
13. Starlord will lose interest in Gamora and marry a woman named April.
14. Nova Prime will have sex with Michael Douglas, then stalk him for several weeks.
15. Nathan Fillion will participate in a space battle and come close to dying but he ultimately will not die.
16. So IMDB apparently says Sylvester Stalone is in the movie and thats absolutely awesome, for some reason I think he’s either going to be sitting in a chair or eating an apple for the majority of his scene(s).
17. Rocket will sing Baby Groot to sleep with a lullaby and countless people will “aww” across the globe.
18. Okay, lets talk post credit scenes. Doctor Strange had two so let’s just this will have two. The first one, I believe, will tie into Thanos and The Infinity Wars, perhaps Nebula reuniting with Thanos, or how about a wild card scenario where the two of them meet up with Mordo. As for the second post credit scene, Guardians Vol. 1 had a weird post credit cameo (Howard the Duck) so I think it’s safe to say that Guardians Vol. 2 will also have a weird cameo. How about a Spiderman: Homecoming related post credits scene featuring a reference or scene with the the Vulture or a scene referencing the villain Mysterio in another future Spiderman movie…
Those are my Unsubstantiated & Uninformed Predictions for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. This has to be one of Marvel’s most anticipated movies in a while, and for good reason. Guardians of the Galaxy may be the best Marvel movie out there, so while you’re waiting for Vol. 2 give Guardians Vol. 1 another view, its a modern day classic and hopefully the highly awaited sequel will muster up the same awe, fun, and excitement the original did.
Where do you Rank Guardians Vol. 1 among the Marvel movies? What do you think about the new Guardians Vol. 2 trailer? What other Kurt Russell movies do you think are awesome? Let us know, and thanks for reading…
Photo Credit: Snagged from screenrant.com